- Elementary teacher 23+ years working with diverse, multi-lingual populations
- National Board Certification: Middle Childhood Generalist
- Teacher researcher with lesson study
- Masters of Arts: Literacy and Language Acquisition, San Francisco State University
- Bachelor of Arts: Liberal Studies, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
I believe in the power of accomplished teachers to inspire, challenge, and change the lives of their students. I had teachers who inspired me to be better than I thought I was and who changed me fundamentally. Accomplished teachers also bring excellence and equity into their classrooms and schools and lift both fellow teachers and students to a higher level of achievement.
My work supports accomplished teachers through board certification and other leadership opportunities by creating a space where teachers learn together to improve their practice. This aligns perfectly with SCOPE’s mission to bring high-quality and equitable learning opportunities to all students, because I believe achieving that mission starts with an accomplished teacher.
- Directing the National Board Resource Center
- Publications: Contributor, Inside our Schools (2017); Blog post: Connecting with Students to Impact Learning: A teacher’s reflection around Pokémon Go on Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day
- Creating a variety of events that support teacher development, often in partnership with other Stanford centers such as Center to Support Excellence in Teaching (CSET). For example: Understanding Accomplished Teaching, Stanford Teaching Festival, sponsored by CSET; Exploring Equity Within Accomplished Teaching, co-sponsored by SCOPE; Exploring Teacher Leadership, co-sponsored by CTA, SCOPE